Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2-1/2 slices bacon
- 6 ounces chipped chopped ham, shredded
1/4 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (such as Heinz® Original BBQ Sauce)
1 tablespoon bottled sweet chili sauce (such as Heinz® Premium Chili Sauce)
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (such as Heinz® Sweet Relish)
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle slices (bread-and-butter type)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
DirectionsNOTE: The times on this recipe are for a much larger sandwich platter. Do yourself a favor, the first time you make it, stick around and watch your sandwiches’ progress.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow the bacon to cool, and chop.
- Cook and stir the onion in the bacon grease left in the skillet until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the bacon, chipped ham, barbecue sauce, and chili sauce until the mixture is well combined. Transfer the ham mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the pickle relish and chopped pickle.
- Place about 1/4 cup of ham mixture on a bun, and top with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Close the sandwiches, wrap each in foil, and bake in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese has melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
This could also be an excellent dish for making on the engine of your car as well!